Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Stone Age Superstitions

You ever just have a string of days that don't work. I don't mean that you had hardscrabble issues. What I am talking about is that things are for the most part going ok. You wake up, your not ill, you go to work, you work, you come home, you go to sleep. Rinse and repeat.

What I am talking about is fighting for every inch of progress you make. Not the normal everyday needs. Work, your life, your forward momentum is held down or back like your stung up to a giant wind sail in a 40 knot gail.

Fighting against the wind your making inch by inch progress, foot by foot, yard by yard you just slug it out. Railing against the wind. Then you loose a foothold and slip, not enough to knock you down but just enough for the wind to catch, lift you from mother earth, and send you sailing back far enough to knock the spirt out of you.

I am fighting that that fight right now. The wind I have to believe will die down. The path will become wide and my pace will increase. Alas, right now I am looking for four leaf clovers, crossing my fingers, and walking around ladders. Stone age superstitions but damnit I need all the help I can get.


Scott.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it Scott. I think we all go through this at one time or another. What defines us is how we deal with it. Keep plugging away and things will turn your way eventually. Let me know if there is anything I can help with......

Larry C

Gnat of Glass said...

Work work work...glass would be a wonderful break.


Scott.
.