Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Independence for the Blind Glass Experience

I had two classes this weekend and durring the breaks needed to do computer work for the Belmont Arts Center.

First off, let me tell anyone that wants to know. Exporting 2 gig of e-mail from Outlook express to Outlook is not big deal as long as they are on the same computer. Exporting it, reimporting it, then converting it from Outlook Express on one computer, to a new computer, then into Outlook is not fun at all. Anyway that is over and reminded my why I hate desktop support.

Now to the fun!

I had a starter class of two students at the Belmont this weekend from 10 am to 1 pm. I can't tell you the students names because well they have no idea I have a blog and I don't want to expose them to my stalker like fans. You know who you are....Grandma! I see you! That and that one girl way out in Hawaii, I see you also! Although you might be a dude, not that there is anything wrong with that. Seriously crush away is does wonders for my bruised ego. Anyway, they did great and just being two students they really had the chance to get a lot fo stuff done in a short period of time. Paperwieghts, Flowers, Cups...it was nice and they had a great time. I think they will be back.

Now onto the Independence for the Blind Glass Experience. We had 7 teens with vision problems. Each of them had different issues ranging from not being able to see at all, only in one eye, to just a bit of depth perception problems. Either way it did not matter these guys jumped in with no fear what so ever and knocked it right out of the park. Every single one of them really just made my day. I honestly think that I may have been a good teacher based only on the fact that it had to be one of the most reward experiences I have had in a long time. I really look forward to doing it again.


Scott - 448.
.

2 comments:

G3T Films said...

Glass blowing without vision. Man, that's really impressive. Very interesting idea.

Can you go into more detail as far as how they made decisions in what they would create, colours used, that type of thing?

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott, Just thought I would let you know that I spy on you also.
Since i cant experience visiting real glass places I have to do it through people like you. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Franklin