Thursday, February 12, 2009

So it kicked my butt.

Well that layoff over the holidays kicked my butt. I never really realised how much of a workout blowing glass is. I put in about 4 days over a 6 day period and it really put me in the hurt house. After the last two days back to back a cold/flu/you just wore yourself out thing jumped me mid day and sent me running for the comfort of my bed to get some rest.

I took about a 4 hour nap, woke up, ate, watched Lost and went back to bed. I feel better today but still a bit under the weather. I figure by tomorrow if I get a good sleep in tonight I will be right as rain. I hope. I have a plan for Hot Glass Cold Beer night at the Belmont Arts Center.

I am going to use my star optic mold from my shop to make a rather large spun out bowl. I plan to have my assistant bring me bits to run the length of the star arms to make the bowl really spin out into a sort of starfish like deal. I think I might even go so far as to put a lip wrap on it. Because I am just flat out crazy like that....crazy....CRAZY!


Scott.
.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Cool idea. Do alternating colors of bits?

Sloth said...

Make sure you place the bit before the optic if making a plate/large bowl. Remember they see the inside more then the outside alot of the times. But sounds fun!!! Wish I was there to help.

Lil Bro

angel said...

craaiiiiiiizeeeeeee dude!