Tuesday, January 20, 2009

OK THEN!

Ok, so a friend of mine and I where recently talking about how I think that music is becoming homogenized. That most of it really just starts to kind of all sound the same. I will not get into Nickelback here because honestly I don't care about them but that is a good example. You could say the same thing about Aerosmith as well. Both bands songs kind of sound recycled a bit to me but still are fun to listen to and they have done more than most people ever get done so good for them. Although this a good example it was not really way I was talking about and my friend knew it. So I went looking to prove my point and stumbled onto this. It just blows your mind a bit.

7 comments:

Jewels said...

I find today's music is indeed homogenized. When you consider that all the new musical 'artists' (yes, notice the little brackets? That's 'cause art is D.E.A.D. in today's popular music) borrow (okay, steal) sound bites from older songs to try and give themselves an edge... Nothing is original anymore...

You know what else isn't original? I stole your contest idea, and am hosting one of my own. Perhaps you and Molly would like to play? There's a bangle in it for ya, if you win! ;)
And all your readers can come too!

http://tinyurl.com/7jow6w

Nysidra said...

And it's going to keep happening as long as "chord progressions" are taught. The very definition of pop music is judged based on which progression it follows. 0.o

G3T Films said...

That's one of the best things I've seen this week... now... now I'm going to have to go and commit suicide.

hahahaha!

MiniMolli said...

Wow, that's crazy! I think "It's too late to Apologize" should have been the last song

Gnat of Glass said...

Well that would have been just perfect Mini.


I like how they rolled from Offspring to Blink...sounded like the same song. Could say that same thing about gylcerin.


Scott.
.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Can't beat the classic "Theme from Gilligan's Island" sung to the melody of "Stairway to Heaven."

You have a great point both cinema and music have moved from acting and artistry to pre-canned crap the teenagers will buy to irritate their parents. It's all special effects and glam vice any content.

I'll stick with Tom Waits and Taj Mahal.

Jewels said...

"Can't beat the classic "Theme from Gilligan's Island" sung to the melody of "Stairway to Heaven."

Say what??? I've never heard THAT one before!!! o_O