Friday, December 12, 2008

Mov'n on up!

About a year ago a close friend of ours came to me with a question. She had an idea about something in glass but did not know if I could do it. Full creative freedom, just get it to her so she could try to sell it. Seeing how I had never even considered making this object I took it as a challenge and said "Sure, let me play for a bit".

After a couple failed tries and a couple shall I say interesting runs at it I came up with what I considered a couple good designs that I could reproduce solo in my home shop. I made big ones, small ones, mini ultra small ones and even a couple of multi piece ones. Mini keeps we call "The Cactus" as her own. Note to self make more of those.

Anyway, back on point. Susan Campbell got the first shipment of glass to try out about 6 months ago. They have been gang busters! She sent me a link that other day when she placed them on her website. You can see them right ---- HERE!

Apparently that pink one was a huge hit and I need to make a bunch more.

MINIMOLLI EDIT:
10% of items purchased on the website on December 13th, 15th, 18th and 23rd will go to the Manna food Pantries.


Scott.
.

10 comments:

EXSENO said...

OMG, Gnat, I went to the site and those are beautiful. Really, really beautiful. You are so talented.
And the shop looks very sophisticated too. That's always a plus when selling anything.


I haven't been here for such a long time. I just keep forgetting to book mark you.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Have to buy a ring first...

snowelf said...

I don't have any rings either, but the ring holders themselves are so gorgeous, I don't think anyone would notice! They are like little works of art in themselves!!

--snow

angel said...

heaven knows i could do with something to hold all my rings!

The Java Junkie said...

Gnat, we need your address - you were the winner of the "Q" contest!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Larry C

The Phosgene Kid said...

A ring holder without rings? That's like a potholder without pots - crazy talk!! Of course I have a Gnat paperweight and I don't have any papers to weight, so what the heck!

Ruth said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://www.infrared-sauna-spot.info

Eternally Curious said...

Ring holders! What a great idea! Merry Christmas to you and yours, Scott and Molli!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Merry Christmas to Gnat and Molli