Monday, November 24, 2008

Shut it down!

So I am out of glass.

1000 pounds of the stuff is now floating around this world having been teased, tweeked, and twisted by yours truely. It is strange to look back and think about that 1000 pounds of glass. The day that I had to pick it all up and load it in truck seems like forever ago.

I said "That amount of glass will last me like 5 years!"....well it lasted exactly 13 months. That means that I used about 76 pounds of glass a month. Honestly that is not that much when you consider that a pumpkin often times can be a couple pounds of the hard stuff.

So I blew the last bit of glass Sunday night and shut it all down for a bit. Maybe just 2 weeks, maybe more. I am just not sure yet. Granted I have stuff that I need to make next week and I will just rent out the Belmont to do that. I will also have it up and hot before my brother gets here for the holidays as we need to have fun at S3G (Strong Street Studio Glassworks).

So for now we are cold until I catch up on all things that got put on hold making all the crazy glass stuff happen. We need to redo some of the studio for a packing/photo station. We need to get the torch set up for Mini and we need to just kind of put some time into what worked and what did not. It is time to streamline! Well ok that and eat turkey.

Scott.
.

8 comments:

MiniMolli said...

Look at you using red and green, you must be getting into the holiday spirit!

Gnat of Glass said...

Maybe I just like red and green.

Scott.
.

Jewels said...

Guess what I got last night?
Go on.
Guess!

My glass! :D
I love it, and will gift it to my hubby. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
It's awesome!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Everyone has been downsizing, nice to see your expanding. As CEO of S3G you been to Washington to get your bailout money yet? Looks as though it will be along line...

Gnat of Glass said...

I have the paperwork in to become my own bank. That way I can get my hands on some of that green.


Scott.
.

Gnat of Glass said...

Jewels,


Sweet! The guys always love the red stripe cups. I have had a couple of friends that ordered whole sets.


Scott.
.

The Java Junkie said...

Hi Scott! Received the Red Stripe glass - it's soooooo cool!!! Thanks again! We have a contest over at the Karmic Kitchen - the prize is not quite as cool as the ones you offered, but check it out if you have the chance!

The Phosgene Kid said...

I've got a ton of old beer bottles in my garage - can you reheat and turn them into works of art, or is it off to the recycling center for ol' Phos?