Sunday, August 17, 2008

Never let them see you sweat!

Ok have issues. One of them being sweat. I am a beast when I work outside in the heat to be quite honest I look like I was dunked into a pool. Mini would say it was a stinky nasty pool full of funky stuff that should never touch anything inside the house.

Add 90f+ temps and 90+ humidity and I am sure if I fell to sleep in the yard with my shirt off they would call the bigfoot hunters in to take DNA samples based on the size, smell, and looks of me.

Last night was no exception...ok it was if only because Mini helping me in the shop. My normal assistant/gaffer Kim is in the middle of dealing with her kid's going back to school. Which honestly can't be easy because of how Florida breaks up the days, times, and locations between Middle and High School but we will not get into that. She is swamped and in the school shuttle juggle. So have turned to my lovely wife to help fill in on stem production.

This has been a blessing and a curse. A blessing because she helps me without narry a complaint. The curse because for some reason I show my anger around her much more than anyone else. If a pumpkin goes to pot I lash out a bit around her. Not something I would do in mixed company. If I burn myself I scream and make crazy faces, which again is not something I would do around anyone else. She is seeing me in a light she has never seen before and I am not 100% sure she needs that kind of exposure. I am in full tilt boogie mode and she is ridding shotgun.

Hold on Mini......I know it is hard but this train is almost at the 1/2 way point and making a pit stop soon!


Scott.
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott,
And now you understand why it never came to be that Hale or Connor ended up working with me...too many dynamics. From your post,at least you seem to be aware of how you are acting; It's a good thing.
Kim

Mini,
I hear Scott acting like a big baby...ha, ha, ha...
I will get by to help soon.
Kim

The Phosgene Kid said...

Here you don't notice the sweat. It is happening, but it evaporates so quickly you can't tell. Therein lies the danger, it is easy to become dehydrated.

MiniMolli said...

No worries Kim. I think we're finally getting into a groove. Of course I'm sure he'd much rather work with you... that complaining thing works both ways ;)

TomatoSurfer said...

For some reason halfway through that read I could plainly hear Chewbacca's "laugh it up fuzzball" giggle.

Anonymous said...

Molli,
Thanks for making me feel better about not being there to help this week. I am excited to hear that you guys are finding your grove...Scott and I go through that rough spot sometimes when we haven't worked together for a bit and it feels really good when it starts to click again. I am glad that you guys are getting to that point at the home shop. It is really cool.
Kim

EXSENO said...

She probably feels honored that you feel like you can let your hair down around her. I bet she doesn't mind.
Well you know for sure, if she doesn't come back then she minds. lol