Friday, August 8, 2008

This is mine?

Last night I started up the pumpkin train again. 45 minutes in it started to rain. Not good when your working outside. Shut it all down. Shuffled around grunting and giving MiniMolli the stinkeye for no reason.

Woke up this morning at 5am turned everything up, took a quick 45 minute nap in the magic sleepy chair outside because it was so freaking wonderful outside. Then I rocked it like Lenny Kravitz use to. I say that with all the humbleness I can muster, but honestly at 5am, in my backyard, making pumpkins solo in 75f temps, in my own shop I finally felt the "I did it" moment. I felt in control for the first time in a very long time. Strange but true.

I mean I know that I built the shop but it has all kind of really just been getting to a point. This huge moving target that never seemed to be reachable but if I just keept moving forward, if I just keept doing the next thing it would get done. This morning it was all about me realizing that I made it. This is my shop...my own personal glass shop. WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

I think I may have done a little dance and had a beer at 6am just because it is my shop and I can do whatever I want at any time I damn well please. Seriously WOOOHOOO!!!!


Scott.
.

5 comments:

TomatoSurfer said...

Grats. Aint life grand?

Anonymous said...

Man I am jealous, it must be nice. Envy is an understatement right now.
Larry

Anonymous said...

Good for you Scott; you deserve that moment 10 fold. You did it is right and it is an awesome spot.
Kim

javajo said...

Congo Rats!! Big fat, hairy, ones. It feels damn fine to pull off what seemed like the impossible a short while ago.

Andrew said...

Way to go brother. Keep it up.