Monday, July 28, 2008

Two Weeks.

Man two weeks went by fast. I did not want to post on here while I was gone that I was well...gone. See I have this little thing about keeping my MiniMolli safe and sound and when I am not around I tend to get protective. Not that she needs it mind you. She keeps any number of dangerous objects around the house to visit some serious pain on anyone that is uninvited, but still I worry. I can't help it.

Anyway, so I was in Cali visiting my brother and getting some training that I did not really need. Ok I needed it if for nothing more than to be able to tell the guys that ask yes I have that certificate. For those of you that want to know the latest batch of certificates I got are the A+, the Network+, and the Security+ CompTIA certs.

It is funny, these are kind of the certificates that you get when you start out. For some reason I never got them mostly because no one ever asked for them. I had a MCSE from Microsoft, a CCA from Citrix, a CCNA and CCDP from Cisco, and a couple of other things to do with SANs and F5 load balancers so I never really got into the CompTIA as events had kind of passed them by.

Well wouldn't you know it now the people I work for "require" them and really did not care about all the other stuff I had. It was kind of like finding out that you needed a certificate for knowing CPR when you have been doing open heart surgery for the last 10 years. Anyway those are done and just anouther little thing to put on the resume, even if it is way down at the bottom.

Started up the furnace again last night and should be in the hot stuff by Wed. night. Can't wait to play with glass again.

I will post some pictures of blowing glass in Cali as soon as CorkChop sends me a link to the pictures.


Scott.
.

5 comments:

TomatoSurfer said...

Glad you're back. I need to go surfing!

Anonymous said...

Scott, next time you are in california drop me a line. I might be able to make it out to sacramento to meet you. If you find yourself in the bay area I am sure we can find some time here to blow a little as well.

Larry C

CorkChop said...

Sacramento Glassblowing Pictures

Damsel Underdressed said...

I was just about to tell Corkchop to get on it and look at that. He already has. :)

I hear Chihuly might be coming back to Phipp's. You guys should come back to the 'burgh for a visit.

Sloth said...

Scott went by the fountain the other day and the glass was gone. So I stoped to see if it had fallen or someone had taken it. As I got out of the car their were foot prints from someone crawling out of the fountain and walking across the parking lot. So they got it on Saturday it looks like. No broken peices hope some one goes to the IFTG page. When you get a chance give me the next number in the sequence I have an idea I want to try when labeling them.