Monday, July 7, 2008

No time for the little stuff.

You ever get so busy that you don't have time for the little stuff? What I mean is that you go from big project to big project and the little stuff piles up and you feel like there is no end to the piles of little that you don't have the juice to attack them?

Well that is where Mini and are right now. We have large projects and big commitments all around us. We roll from one thing to the next, we even had what many would call a instant medium sized party on the spot out of the blue. Mini is quick to adjust like that, me I just go with it there is no adjustment needed.

On the other hand the little stuff just kind of hangs around pointing and laughing at you. You know those 3 large piles of dirty clothes, the dishes, the floor needs sweeping, the yard needs attention, the flowerbeds look like a weed experiment by the Darma group. You come up for air but the little stuff is yanking at your ankles. So I am making and effort to try to do one little thing everyday. I think it will make a difference...well at least I hope it will.

This moring it was doing all the dishes before I left the house for work. I know it is small but they built up in small little steps why can't you kill them in small little steps. This afternoon it will be to clean out the truck and sweep the shop before I start blowing glass. Simple, quick, little. I will call it the SQL Model of life. Do the Simple Quick Little stuff.

Either way something is getting done and it was more than before. That has to be progress.


Scott.
.

2 comments:

The Phosgene Kid said...

Yep! My little stuff is the dog crap in the backyard. Got bigger fish to fry, but need to get out and clean up the husky landmines tonight

Damsel Underdressed said...

Yeah...I have a pile of little stuff myself. I know how it feels. My nerves can't take it.