Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Night and everything is all right.

Up here at the shop putting the security smackdown on a bunch of servers. The security scans take about 15 minutes a box with my software so I have a minute here to talk about something I just saw at Outback. Yes Mini am I am about to talk about that.

I laddle. That is, I tend to listen to people's conversations around me when I am out to eat. I don't actaully say anything, or butt in, but I have a bad habbit of getting interested in what others are saying. More so when they are saying it at the volume level of a White Snake concert like tonight at Outback. I mean they where on the otherside of the bar and we could hear them over the 5 Large Screen TVs in the joint.

Anyway, it wrinkles Mini's mood most of the time because I am not listening to her at these points in time and she generaly finds it not very polite. It could also be that I often times don't agree with what someone else is saying and I pivit to Mini to proclaim my astonishment at their obtuseness (is that a word? How I ironic if it is not...wait am I using Ironic right? I give up lets move on).

So tonight in I got to hear the following things uttered with a touch of rightousness only bestowed on my people here in Pensacola. I think I will start to call this "Overheard in Pensacola".


Line #1:

Large Blonde Lady:
-- "I am a very deep person, I feel things deeply, I am spiritual because I.... you know...I feel deep stuff and have trouble telling people how deeply I feel deep things. Seriously deep spiritual things on a different kind of feeling level then the deepeness that normal non-spiritual people feel things. You know?"

Large Guy in Grey "TroutSlayer" shirt:
-- "That is called spirituality... most people don't know what that word means but that is it just what you said."

Large Blonde Lady:
--"Hey you going to eat that last chicken wing?"

----------

People just make me giggle.


Scott.
.

2 comments:

Chunk said...

Seems to me that what this woman really needed from this guy was another drink.

snowelf said...

I'm sorry to Molli, but I do this too! And I look to the other person I'm with to see if they are listening as well. Cause people are funny!! I especially love when it's a first date and it's a guy totally trying to impress someone. I find it SO cute!
Sorry, sorry, I know it's impolite...

--snow