Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Resume?

I have a friend that has been skimming over resumes for a job opening we have here. The problem with that is the funny things that you see on a resume.

Case in point:

"Proficient in Microsoft Word"

No kidding? Word! Really WORD?!

Your putting a resume in for a senior network administrator and you think that people give a toot about word? Why not write down "More than 15 years experience with Notepad", or "Extensive day to day operational use and controll of web browser". "More than 20 years experience with the deletion of files from a hierarchical file system".

COME ON! your killing me.

I want to see "10 years of router experience" and you give me "Proficient in Word"....ARG!!!!


Scott.
.

6 comments:

G3T Films said...

Maybe he thought it was Net Work Administrator... You know, Like a senior Admin person for a fishing operation.

Chunk said...

Ok...now THAT was funny....

"Can keep my posterior balanced in sitting apparatus for up to 4 hours straight."

Chunk said...

How about...
"I know my way around a keyboard."

Damsel Underdressed said...

How about this one? "I can flush a toilet."

snowelf said...

Wow...

Even if they would have put Microsoft Office, it would have at least been a little better than just "Word."

You guys have a great LONG weekend!! :)

--snow

angel said...

oh i so agree with you!