Friday, March 14, 2008

Contest Winner is?

Ok so I will admit that I did not even think that there was this many in that bowl. To go on record I figured it was going to be around the 260 mark.I was wrong as it was well past that.

And so without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give to you...396!
Can you even believe that?! 396. Never would I have guessed that high. So lets look at who won.


So the winner is:
Ray with a guess of 400. I am not sure who referred you Ray I think it was Rick yes? If no one referred you I will have to roll the marble over to the next contest.

I am going to need mailing an address to get this to you so shot that to scott@novota-com. Just switch out that little - for a period to confuse the dumber of the screen scrapers looking to spam.

To everyone else, better luck next time. I will have anouther contest as soon as the ads make enough to handle the shipping again. Which should not be very long. I am already picking out the next thing to to offer up!


Scott.
.

12 comments:

Ray said...

Yay! A nice addition to the Christmas collection which, thanks to my sweetheart/wife Kim, takes up about half our attic offseason and the whole house during the holidays.

Rick referred me and I should have mentioned that in my post. I'll send along an address.

I can see why 400 seems high since the nuggets look kind of large, like ice cubes. But the whole ones are flat and are sort of stacked together, and then some are fragments and somewhat smaller. Anyhow that's what I based my guess on.

I haven't won anything in years. Now maybe it's time for the Florida Lotto...

ray (again) said...

I already know what we can do with our prize. Since it's green, we'll incorporate it into a wall hanging decoration with Nandina boughs (red foliage) and Camellias (green foliage/red flowers). I'm sure this will be approved by the Director of Christmas Activities (Kim).

We'll mark on our calendar to send you a photo of it.

Thanks, Scott and Molli!

Anonymous said...

WOOO HOOO! i never would have thought there were that many pieces in the bowl - my 239 was way off. way to go ray! that marble will look great sitting on my desk. sounds like a great excuse to come over soon on a wednesday evening and watch some pumpkins come to life. Thanks Scott and Mollie.

rick

The Phosgene Kid said...

Congrats to the winners! It was fun while it lasted!

javajo said...

Congrats to all. It sure was fun and had me on pins and needles all week. I still can't get my head around how many nuggets were in that bowl. I'm flabbergasted. After casting my bid of 216, I was seriously second guessing myself. Interestingly enough, I wanted to revise my calculations to reflect a lower total!!

When people ask me about the election, I tell them Roosevelt will win in 2008. Go figure.

Jewels said...

:(

Looly soooo sad....

Looly weally wanted dat ownament.....


soooo sad....


:(

snowelf said...

WTG Ray!! I never would have guessed that many were in there either! Congrats!!!!

Thanks again for another fun contest Scott and Molli!! :D

--snow

JLee said...

Damn, I was way off.

I'm going to have to club him in the knee.

G3T Films said...

Yarg, close but not close enough.

Ta for running the contest Gnat.

Steph said...

Oh snap, I'm too late. Boooo!

Chunk said...

My picking sucks.....time for a new strategy. Choose a number that I think is realistic..double that.....then double that...DANG!

Eternally Curious said...

Congrats Ray! And to think I was way overboard with my guesstimate! Oh well - live large or go home, eh? WTG Ray!