Thursday, March 27, 2008

Art In Bloom - Pensacola Florida

One of our close friends who owns Fiore is spearheading the Art in Bloom here in Pensacola. You might be wondering what "Art in Bloom" is so here is a little snippit.

--snip--

Art in BloomThursday, April 10 – Sunday, April 13, 2008

In an effort to support the on-going programming of the Pensacola Museum of Art, this spring, Art in Bloom, a benefit for the Museum, will be presented for the first time in Pensacola. The event is modeled after other successful and popular Art in Bloom events at museums around the country, which draw 3,000-20,000 event visitors and raises significant funds for these organizations. This wonderful spring celebration will showcase the talents of floral artists, whose interpretative designs will be on display next to the work of art that inspires them from the exhibition, The Art Students League of New York: Selections from the Permanent Collection.

--snip--

So besides this being really cool and mucho good business for my friend it has the added pleasure of having one of my pieces in it. I have been making glass flowers all week at night and have what I consider to be about 8 really cool ones. I could have just done the standard flowers but I wanted to knock it up a notch for this. I have a bunch that will not be going into this display that I might let her have to place in her other stuff if she wants them. I just realized that I need to make filler for the flowers as well, I totally forgot about that until just now.

Better call Mini and have her ramp everything up, I love my shop.

Scott.
.

1 comment:

G3T Films said...

Now that's some excitement!