Thursday, February 21, 2008

See my google ads?!

That is right people I am going to make the big bucks off your backs! I kid I kid, I honestly just want to play with it a little bit. You read everywhere about adsence and how easy it is to set up and make millions of dollars.

Well I can say this, it is very easy to set up. I had these ads up a long time ago but got for a 3 month period amd are you ready for this? 5.21 cents is the grand total as of today. So I will tell you in 3 months what my total is and well will compare notes. I will use the proceeds to buy color and only color....Then I will use that color to make prizes to have contests, how much fun will that be?!

So making millions off the adsense sence is not my goal but I did want to play with it a little bit. It is very easy to set up and well I want to try it out again. I am going to play with what gets funneled into the adds and I hope that I can make it narrow cast to interesting stuff.

I have been toying with the idea of writing a little "how to" on this blog about building your how "starter shop". Now I will be the first to admit that I am not done but I found it really hard to find information that applied to someone like myself about building your first shop. Sure there is tons of info on the net if you know where to look for it about building a "Real glass blowing shop" but not a whole lot for the little guy. IE> someone that wants to do some of it on his own but not build every last stinking thing in the shop. There is a fine line between building smart and building dumb. I do a lot of the building dumb and very little of the building smart. Maybe if I write it down and plan more I can avoid the dumb part...or at least some of it...ok all of it. Yea.

Anyway I figure it might be interesting to put down on a blog what it takes. Where to start. What you need and how much you are going to spend building it. Then what the hell do you do with it once you have it built!

Anyway that is off in the future but I think it will be fun. I made Linda at work a huge stinking floopy vase last night because she threw the gauntlet down on me. Quote "If you make something, bring it in, and it is big and colorful I will buy it!"...well you got it honey! See you on Monday and bring your check book!


Scott.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll be one of the first in line to read your "how-to" steps!

rick

ray said...

I'll be in that line too. There are books about building a hot shop, but as you mention, they don't apply too well to the backyard variety (also known as the "I don't have $50K+ to blow" variety)(yes that was a corny double entendre.)

leelee said...

so..if I click on the google ad you make $$??

Gnat of Glass said...

Rick,

I should name it "How to not build a hot shop".


Ray,

Glassblowing is the best hobby to have if you into that kind of word play. I could go on for days just talking about the glory hole.



Leelee,

Yea like .0001 cent or something crazy like that.


Scott.
.