Tuesday, February 12, 2008

More Glass Blowing Pictures - Strong Street Studio

I have been makin a lot of these ornaments as of late. They are very retro looking to me which is what I was going for. I can make these all alone which is a plus when I don't have and assistant. I started to make one in every color that I own. I am still not done.
Below is a small sample of the paperweights that I have been making at the end of the day to finish off the last couple of inches of glass in the pot. I have been experimenting with what I call "jellyfish" patterns in the paperwieghts. I will use the knowledge I build in these paperweights to be the heads of future jellyfish paperweights. You can also see a clear on at the bottom the is also the next picture.
This is a close up of the clear paperweight. It has a very interesting depth to it which for just being clear gives it a little extra pop. Everyone always picks this one up and looks at it for a bit. I can also use it to start fires.
More shells.
My forms. I have been locking in on shapes a lot in the last couple of weeks. Single transparent colors seem to be my sweet spot right now.
Close up of the above.

Ok that is it for right now. Just a quick picture post after lunch. Catch you guys later.


Scott.
.



5 comments:

leelee said...

yum, they look like candy!!

Jewels said...

These all look amazing Scott.
Love the ornaments; I was gifted one by a friend about 7 years ago, and I still have it. So pretty and weighty.

The paperweights are really cool too. I think it's time I ordered a few things from you, I have a few friends who would just LURVE to get your pretty things.

Gnat of Glass said...

Jewels,

You would be surprised how light these are now days. I admit that I can still make a heavy one now and then but for the most part these are not limb breakers.

I will get more pics up soon. I am starting to enjoy by run as a rogue photographer.


Scott.
.

The Phosgene Kid said...

My aunt gave us some ornaments when I was a kid - they weren't as nice as yours of course, but had the same basic shape. The paper weights were great, but I like the one you gave me bast. It is in the front curio cabinet and everyone comments on it.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Next: Glass bowling balls...