Saturday, January 12, 2008

6am and working.

I am waiting on scans on the network to finish. Figures that I have to hurry up and wait. Tick tick tick... Is it me or is it worse when you have to get something done quickly and you have to wait on something to finish before you move on. Ugh...it is like watching paint dry or glass to cool. It is never fast enough.


On anouther note it give me room to think about what I am going to make at the house later today. Because my work has tossed be a curve ball I have let a pot of glass set at the house for over 5 days now. It should be nice and stiff. This is because it kind of cooks the ewwy gewwy goodness out of the glass. By stiff I mean that you have a period of working time that the glass lets you "move it around" to shape it and form it. When it gets stiff that time gets shorter. So you have glass that you have less time to work with. Think of it like a painter only being having 10 seconds to make all his brush stroke instead of an hour before the paint dries on his brush.

I will just have to make things that will take advantage of this short working time. Thinks like small thin goblets this is not good for. Things like paperwieghts and shell it this glass will be fine for. Maybe pumpkins of course.

Shells for sure, 2 or 3 pumpkins, and a bunch of my "little guys" which is a new project that I am working on.

I will get Mini to take some pictures this afternoon as I also plan to sand some stuff down while drinking a cool one.

DING! scan is done...


Scott.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, what are you melting? Never had a significant change with the glass at the shop where I work over weeks at a time.

Larry C

The Phosgene Kid said...

glass cannon balls!!