Friday, December 28, 2007

More cups than you can shake a stick at!

Ok so most of you know by now that I have been building a shop. Most of you also know that I have been waiting on my brother to get here so I could build the hood.



Well Ryan got here and so did my controller for the kiln to be turned into a lehr(annealer to cool down the glass). Now this would be really cool if it had not also caused us to throw all our plans out the window and just go crazy blowing glass for days on end. So the hood did not get built but Ryan and I got some serious time in at my new shop and have already started working out the kinks. We decided to just make cups. That sounds like a simple task no?

Ok I lied, I made a metric truck load of oraments for family and friends then we made nothing but cups. I should have taken pictures of those ornaments they where the best I have ever made. Very 50s. Mini might have taken a couple pics I will check with her when I get home.


Then we launched in the cups. We had tons of visitors from my Uncle Chuck to the Parental units on down to friends flopping down and drinking beers as we worked. It really turned into the kind of place I was shooting for. I looked around at any given time and people where just there to be there. No agenda just hanging out and having fun.



I may have made a pumpkin or two....I just can't shake them...I feel the pumpkin blood runs deep.....





Scott.

.

6 comments:

hollyeqq said...

OT - Wanted to show you some pics I took of the stuff I bought at the Belmont Bizarre.
I love everything and I wanted to say thank you. The recipients were thrilled.
This is the ornament but you can surf the set to see a few more of your pieces. The marble and the gold colored bowl stayed home with me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hollyeqq/2145286498/in/set-72157603555650855/

I definitely want another ornament when you are ready to sell them. They are truly amazing.
Thanks
Holly

Oh and here are the pics of your booth - feel free to use any of these at will - although they aren't that hot a little photoshop would do wonders:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hollyeqq/2096751882/in/set-72157603389993477/

The Phosgene Kid said...

Sounds good! I'll take a couple D cups...

Damsel Underdressed said...

Happy New Year to you and Molli!!!

snowelf said...

You ARE The pumpkin king!! :)

--snow

MiniMolli said...

SHAKE!!!

King said...

Damnit..I wanna come hang out too...guess I'll just have to start bugging you....