Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Where are the Gnomes when I need them. Oct. 3rd - 10 days out.

Well I know it has been a couple days and I am here to give you and update on the progress. We are inside of the 10 day count down. I plan to update the blog every day to give a running break down of what kind of crazyness I am dealing with. I am going to go ahead and leave out that I am working my day job and just focus on what I am doing at the studio.

Pumpkins:
Last night I made 16 pumpkins. I think that I only lost 3 of them which is pretty good. When I say lost I will let you guys in on a little secret. Glass never works out the first time, only works out the second time half the time and the third time only some of the time. Got that? I knew you guys would be with me. Short story is glass breaks..a lot!, it falls on the floor, it cools wrong, or any number of a hundered things go wrong and a pumpkin dies and early death.

I think the total number of pumpkins right now stands at just around 110 give or take 2 in either direction. We have not put them all out at one time yet but I am just itching to do that. I want to hold off on a "group photo" until I have my "upper goal" of total pumpkins. Ok so it was a dream to have 120 pumpkins for the party but it looks like short of and equipment fubar I will make that tonight. Everything after that is going to go toward funky pumpkins...IE> crazy colors or shapes.

Studio:
I have completed the wall build on the far side of the garage maybe MiniMolli will put up a picture today if she reads this. We only have to get the shelves and the lights up to finish it. I put the glory hole and the furnace together into it's final stages last week as well. I am missing a part for the Glory Hole but I am looking for it at the local hardware shops. Should be test fired by the weekend. I am going to go buy a welder this Friday, lots of angle iron, some square pipping, and get to work on the bench and marver.

Cross your finders we are in the home stretch.


Scott.
.

p.s. Suring agian as much as I can. Jellyfish still really hurt. It is true that you forget pain.

2 comments:

Damsel Underdressed said...

I can't wait to see that group pumpkin photo!

I can't say I know how much a jellyfish sting can hurt but I can vouch for how much pavement does. ;)

angel said...

you've been busy- i'm very impressed!
i can't wait for a "group" picture of the pumpkins- ilove them!