Thursday, October 4, 2007

Oct. 4th - 9 days out.



Took a bit of time off this today before noon to go by the Metal Fabrication shop to pick up my drop steel plate. 18 inches by 36 inchs for my first glass marver. Think of a metal table with 1/2 inch metal as the table top. We use this to shape and cool the glass as we are working it. I also picked up a 1 1/2 inch male to male treaded close for the burner.


Now that I have these two things I need to go purchase a nice welder and get to work on building the bench and the marver as well as a test burn for the glory hole. I figure that I should have the marver, the bench, and the everything test fired by Tuesday. If I don't there will be problems in Scott Land.

On the pumpkin front everything went pretty well last night we had time to just chill because we are more in the "hey lets see how these colors look" and "Lets make some strange shapes" mode. Made a couple gords but 2 of the shattered. Did a lot of orange with green stems, then switched into purples, yellows, and golds. This Sat. I will try and do some blue, green, and maybe stanger colors. Try some bar stock or something.

That is is for today, 9 days left...tick tick tick...

Scott.

.