Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Shop update.

Ok so I spent about 5 hours on the shop last night. I built a new shelf for the shed, cleaned out 3 truckloads of crap, and realized that I am a lumber packrat. I have wood from every project that I have ever started, finished, or thought about. Here is a picture of a newly shorn garage wall where the glass display is going to be. Right there, by the surfboards....

Below is the annealer and the glass furnace. I told you guys they where small. Believe it or not the one of the right hand side is my furnace and it will hold 80 pounds of molton glass. The one on the left is the smaller of two annealers that I will have running once the whole shop is 100%. Right now I am at about 60% with the last piece being the Glory Hole (Reheat Furnace) and it is being built now. Actually I need to build the benches and the Marver as well and then I will be close to done.


Here are the two pop out walls from the inside. As you can see the electrical is not done but we are getting there. That will all be cleaned up before the opening. There two pop out will let the whole place feel open. You can also see my nice collection of blow pipes stacked up in the corner.
Now a quick pumpkin preview. As you can tell I took this picture and do you want to know how you can tell. It is out of focus...Minimolli will cringe when she sees this picture. She might even go so far as to replace it. Anyway PUMPKINS!

EDIT: Oy, yes - you betcha I replaced that photo, crazy man... My apologies for those exposed to the previous photo. - Mini

Scott.

.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! "Crazy Man" :) That comment made my day........By the way, scott, nice pumpkins.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Looking good!! Nice save by Minimolli as well, excellent pumpkin!! The reflector on that bike worked as advertised!!

Gnat of Glass said...

Angle is on a posting spree.


Wonder if I will get here to post before the lost one.

Gnat of Glass said...

Last...last...


Scott.
.

angel said...

man it is so interesting to watch you build your shop.
and i do love the pumpkins...

Gnat of Glass said...

I WIN!


Scott.
.

snowelf said...

You're a lumber packrat...
hehehehe

Molli, I missed the first pic, I guess I'm lucky? ;) But the pumpkin is fantastic.


:)
--snow

angel said...

tee hee hee...