Thursday, September 27, 2007

The 1st Annual Pensacola Pumpkin Party


Well it looks like I am going to get this thing done just in the nick of time. I have the glory hole in the garabe, the furnace is ready, and all I need to do now is get the bench and marver built and I am good to go! If you are in Pensacola and can swing on by we are going to have drinks and food with live glass blowing in my new shop. I am a bit stressed about all this and to be honest it has been nothing but and uphill battle to get this done. Alas, if everything was easy everyone would do it. I just want to work in my backyard so bad at this point I can taste it.

MiniMolli made these invites up and sent out about 100 of them over the last week. I think she did an amazing job, I just hope that I have enough pumpkins for the party. I am currently sitting at 80 pumpkins as of last night. I am shooting for 120 for the party. I hope I run out but I also hope that everyone that wants a pumpkin gets one. I guess I should think about having an order form or something. Maybe I am just to optimistic about how many people are going to show up and that everyone will want a pumpkin. Anyway wish me luck, grand opening and pumpkin party with beer and food. How can you honestly go wrong?


Scott.
.

9 comments:

Damsel Underdressed said...

That pumpkin is really cool! Wish I could come so I could get one. Get to blowin', Gnat! ;)

angel said...

i would love to come so i can have one- i think they're incredibly beautiful!

i got my package today! i was so excited i wanted to rip it open in the car- but i managed to contain myself till i got back to the office...
i'll post pics later tonight!

Chunk said...

Marla and I are really looking forward to it!

Amanda said...

I would love to be able to come to your opening. I am so happy for you. Molli did an amazing job on the invites. That pumpkin is stunning. Let me know when I can order one!

snowelf said...

Oh!! I am SO excited for you guys!!!
Congrats!!!!
And Molli, the invites look awesome!
I love the color ;)

Cheers to a successful night!

--snow

The Phosgene Kid said...

I think you'll come up short with 120 - that pumpkin is awesome, everyone is going to want one. Hell, I'd like two!!

Sloth said...

Man having the shop opening up just makes me want to move back to Florida even more....... I got about 15 pumkins I think right now going to give most of the to people at work, also had to make a few for an auction at the school to raise some money. I finally got the invite to the patch but that is a long ways to go for a party. You know when I move back it will be time to expand the shop but we will deal with that later. I am looking for a pint mold got a lot of request for pint glasses here now that it has gotten colder everyone is out drinking more it guess but need to find a good mold. Any recomendations?

Bella Forte Glass Studio said...

Sharp looking invitation!

caramaena said...

Oh that is a gorgeous invitation. The pumpkin is just beautiful!