Saturday, August 25, 2007

Overhead in NYC - Part#3

I was making my way to my appointment this moring taking my normal rat maze path to the Empire State Building really hoping the cheese would not be hard to find today. Get my last legal stimulate at the biggest drug pusher on the face of the planet and a round piece of bread that is basically just and installment plan for putting my doctors kids though college. South on Broadway I am like that guy on the Discovery Channel that gets dropped in the wild with nothing but a knife and ball of twine. Force to survive in harsh conditions, find basic living supplies, and a way home. Just reverse everything and make it a slightly overweight guy from the south, a good sence of direction with a ball of money, a laptop, and 1/2 pack of beef jerky.

Now I have made this trip every morning for the last 5 days, 9 blocks south, 3 blocks west, 2 block south. I will spare you the fact that I got a cab this morning and he turned down Ave. of the America's the wrong way...That was classic to here a guy go complete bat shit crazy in swahili. I am pretty sure he may of juiced his own ride. The reason for this was that the whole north side of the Empire State building was blocked off for 2 blocks... Once I get out of the cab a block away so we don't make a 6 dollar u-turn of 3 right hand turns around the block I am starting to looking at the affair. Police tape, cops, no one inside the blockade sans a lonely single turck with no outside markings. I notice two police women, one was rather fetching which is just a bonus and odd at the same time, talking to two Japanese tourists. Asking directions to this and that as I waited to ask what was going on. Movie shot at EPSB? Someone Jump? Killer bees? Just as they finished up and I was about to ask the million dollar question the Japanese guy says "Whattah happen?" and points down the street that is blocked off. Police woman "Manhole explosion". Japanese woman "I hope he is ok!".


Nice start to the morning I am still laughing...


Scott.
.

11 comments:

MiniMolli said...

That's so crazy - we were just talking about the Discovery Channel guy last night and I was saying that I thought you could do that sans eating bugs and stuff!! You got good instincts baby ;)

The Phosgene Kid said...

I hate when my manhole explodes. That usually happens after one too many bean burritos.

Chunk said...

You're killing me...hahaha!

Sloth said...

it is from the flowing magma through man made lava tubes...you can not perdict what is going to happen!

Ruela said...

great works of glass

Gnat of Glass said...

Mini, MUH!


Phos,

haha, so true....



Chunk,

It is what I do best.


Sloth,

amen.


Ruela,

Thank you, glass is my thing.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Any puking off the hotel balcony stories yet, or are you too old for that??

Gnat of Glass said...

I don't think I ever puked off a balcony.


There are many things I have done but I never had the pleasure of the true jewel of life.


Scott.
.

Ruela said...

glass is your thing...and you do it well

Jewels said...

"There are many things I have done but I never had the pleasure of the true jewel of life."...

I can attest to THAT! LOL! ;)

Poor manhole

angel said...

another bucking frilliant post! i so enjoyed these posts about your trip dude- they were like something out of a movie! wonderful stuff!