Thursday, July 26, 2007

Wed Night Glass Blowing.

My brother Ryan is down from Cali for the week and we have been working on the shed and the Shop pretty much all week. We got a lot done, so as a "hey lets have some fun" I got some time in the shop for both of us. We started early on Wed. and got some pretty cool stuff done. Couple of big thick gravity vases, some cups, and a surprise visit from a film crew.

I will be on the Tube Sunday morning mak'n it happen folks. It is not that big of a deal but I had a lot of fun with the guy that came in to do it. It is sort of a "things to do in Pensacola" kind of thing and I happend to be the guy that was around when they came by. I helped the guy make a Glass Flower and an orniment. Kicked out a quick wine glass for his camerawoman, she was more than tickled about that. It really tried to make it all about the Belmont Arts Center and not about just the glass. It is hard to do that sometimes with me as I will get going and you can't shut me up. Should be interesting to see if I show an extra 10 pounds on the tv. I am sure it looks like I am fresh out of the pool as it was about 102 in and around the glass furnaces.

I will have to set the tivo to grab it Sunday....actually I might not want to see it.....


Scott.
.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

You are an amazing artist! You posted to my blog so I came to see who you were and find out how you found me. I was so surprised to see someone who wasn't related to me reading. We aren't related are we?

The Phosgene Kid said...

oooo swimming pools, movie stars!! I knew you when!!

The only thing I can do with a wine glass is drain it, but I am happy with that.

snowelf said...

That's awesome, Scott! Congratulations!

--snow

jin said...

Well....if you think you look heavier on tv feel free to blame the evil jin & her oblivion of death!
;-)

Gnat of Glass said...

Amanda,

You never can tell on the related stuff. I pretty much know all the Novota's in the US and the silly folk who married into our little coven. You could have slipped under the radar...do you have a connection in Pensacola?

Phos,

The glasses without the stems are pretty easy to make, and people love them. Wine glasses are at there best when just filled.

Snow,

Thanks, I am not sure if it is a blessing or a curse. I am sure everyone that sees it will have something to say about it. I think I actually caught my pants on fire right before the crew got there, so at least I got that out of the way.

Jin,

That cake...you had to bring it up. Serious stuff. You actually made my mouth water thinking about it.


Scott.
.