Ok the studio is in full swing in case you have been under a rock and not heard me talking about it. To give you a little update I have knocked out a very large chunk of the west side of my garage. The plan is to build up a span where the wall was and make it about a 72 inch open space under the pergola.
So I took a big step the other day and started knocking the ever loving snot out of my garage wall. Thinking that it was going to be a full day to get it all busted up. Much to my surprise it only took me about 2 hours to take it all apart, due to about 2 million little helpers. That is right folks...termites. The good news is they only took a taster bite years ago and did not stay for the full meal. The corner of my garage shattered like packing foam as I whaled away at it. This turned my medium sized project into a large project. I had to take out the whole corner and rebuild it which proved to be a littler bit harder than I once thought, but now I am schooled in the ways of the wood. That sounded dirty.
Anyway, so I rebuilt the corner and learned a bit about a sagging frame. Again, that sounded dirty. Leverage is a wonderful thing and I got the frame righted and built the way I needed it. Something that I did not foresee was problems finding the siding that I would need. Seeing how this garage was built roughly around the year of 1936 it has been a daunting task finding the right replacement. Then I found it at Building Supply Center and if you need routed or t&g planks this is the place, just get there before 4:30pm or NO WOOD FOR YOU!
So this afternoon I will frame up the outside for the planks and seal up the garage. MiniMolli will not have to look at my blue tarp any longer. I think she started to have blue roof hurricane flashbacks.