Friday, June 22, 2007

Glass Shells everywhere!


SHELLS!


11 count them. As you can tell I am playing with the colors and the optic molds on them. I am working them down into what I think is the perfect shell. One of these is going to be the 1st prize from the contest for Jewels. I am learning toward one of the smaller ones that are perfect. The smallest one is just so cute.


This was the second shell ever next to the 3rd ever. You guy remember this one from last time I posted shell pictures.

Here are the larger shells. Notice the ribs, I like the cool new addition.
The inside of the largest one. It really look organic to me.
The Ribb is what I call this one. It is by far the most real looking one and the one that everyone touches first. I will be making more of this design.
The little guys are just cool.

Little guy version2, with clear outter wrap. Nice touch but not sure if I like it.
This is little guy v3, testing out a new color. MiniMolli calls it the dog swirl. Sicko.
More little guys v1.
The Ribb from the side.



Ok that is it, need to call and reserve time for more. I have a show next month durring Gallery Night and the shells are going to be one of the displays. I am going to make a very large clam bowl, fill it with beach sand, add a couple of jellyfish paperweights, Hurricane sand weights, and maybe a starfish or two. Could toss in a sea urchin if I figure out how to make one before then.


You guys have nice weekend.


Scott.

.

13 comments:

snowelf said...

LOL, Minimollie!
I think it looks like that too!

I really like the wavy pattern on the edges, that's really awesome looking.
I am not determined to win a contest one of these days!

Have a great weekend!
--snow

caramaena said...

pretty!

Oh and dog swirl - lol.

Grace said...

Beautiful! I only recently found your blog - and am so glad I did.

Plum's Penny Dreadful said...

They really look like shells! So clever. It's just endless what one can do with glass...It blows my mind. And yet---I struggle on in search of the perfect handle!

Gnat of Glass said...

Lots of people the weekend.

Snow,

I will have anouther contest in the near future...only a matter of time.


Caramaena,

Yea the poop shell...it looked a lot better after the acid. Before the acid it really really looked like a turd.


Grace,

Awesome, soon I will have read submited pieces. That is I will actually take a reads idea for colors and shape and see if I can make it. I think that will be very intersting.

Plum,

I still can't make a perfect handle. I can do really good bad ones.

Glass Virtuoso said...

The shells are pretty neat. Did u roll them in frit and then twist the tube around?

MyUtopia said...

How pretty!! We have been overrun with snails since the rain has been falling non-stop for the last couple of weeks.

Jewels said...

Oooh, I like the dark ones the most. The one with the clear overlay is really neat too! How the heck do you get those ridges in there?

Dog swirl *lol!*

The Phosgene Kid said...

Those look a lot like some of the fossil shells I have seen - really nice Gnat!!

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

The Phosgene Kid said...

He sells seashells by the sea shore...

The Phosgene Kid said...

Time to come out of your shell, Gnat!!

angel said...

beautiful!!!