Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Glass Contest Time...make your guess!

Ok so I am off to the Glass conference in Pits this weekend so this is it until Monday. This is a picture of vase I made about 3 years ago with a bunch of marbles inside of it. The contest is very simple this time around, guess the number of marbles inside the vase.

The person that nails it or gets the nearest to the number in the vase wins. I am also asking all of you that have blogs to help me out and let your reader base know about this as I would like to see if someone can actually guess the number on the dot. Plus if they come from your blog I will send you a prize. Here is the top down view. Notice some marbles are bigger than others, keep that in mind. Use the book in the other picture above for size, it is 8 by 10 inches.
So what is the prize going to be? I am thinking something like the following:
1st Place: - One of the new shells, all nice and sanded down. The blog they where sent from will get a Beer Tumbler from Hot Glass Cold Beer Night.
2nd Place: - Hand formed tumbler from my personal collection. I have one in mind. The blog they came from will get Large Marble.
Get to guessing!
Scott.
.

36 comments:

Jewels said...

That shell is MINE!
My guess: 264 marbles

Damsel Underdressed said...

126 :)

snowelf said...

Hey Gnat :)

Um, 214.

give or take a few...

--snow

Denise said...

Hi! what a great contest! I think there are 164 marbles in the vase!
Cheers, Denise

Not Ashley said...

Gnat

My guess is 171 marbles

Referral site: jewels

caramaena said...

Hey gnat - I'm in Australia, can I still enter?

Plum's Penny Dreadful said...

ok---I am going to guess 113. The varying sizes makes it difficult, but yeah, thats what I am going with. no no. wait. 136. No---go with your fiirst instinct.113. Ok that's it. My final answer is 113.
I love the contests!!!

Anonymous said...

237

caramaena said...

hmmm.... 183

Gnat of Glass said...

I will ship it anywhere.


Guess away!


Scott.
.

Kiwi Ellen said...

My guess is 194 ;9

meggie said...

Hi, here from Caramaena!
My guess is 89.

Have a nice break~ er, I mean trip!

lori said...

Hey Gnat,
My Guess is 105...

Rich said...

Coming in from Jin's blog.


There's 235. No, 236... No, I was right the first time... 235

jin said...

Yay! Rich came here, too!

I'm coming in from jin's blog. *GRIN*

Ohhh........I'll say:
139.

...and what perfect timing! I just did a shell wedding cake this weekend...um chocolate, not glass ;-) I'm going to tie your contest in with that post.

jinny wants a shell!!! :-D

Ace said...

I'm guessing 296.

I got here from Jewels' blog, but apparently only because I read it after Jin's today.

Judi D said...

157 is my guess. judi d. from colo.

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

How fun, my guess is 184 (coming in from Denise's blog, bits of beads....

Tiffanie said...

52

I came from Jin's site

Anonymous said...

Scott, count me in for 130

Larry C

Sloth said...

looks like to me about 63 marbles.

Gareth said...

My guess is 223.
Came here from Northern Ireland via Jin's blog :)

beadbabe49 said...

I'm guessing 66...

got referred here by jewels...

joy said...

288 -- got here from Jin's blog

Bianca's Jewelry said...

75

The Phosgene Kid said...

75 beautiful gnat glass marbles...

angel said...

jin sent me- and i'm going to say... after careful scientific and mathematic calculation... that there are 247 marbles in the vase.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Did I win yet?

MaryB said...

I say 57....due to not seeing how many big ones there are...hmmm, yup 57!

Emmy said...

I think 56
greetings Emmy

David said...

I'll go for 79

I followed the link from jintrinsique

Jason King said...

I say 90!
Hail to the King, baby!

rick said...

hi scott!
i finally set up an account so i can stop lurking. anxious to here about the weekend. i'm going to guess 149 marbles!

Andrew said...

176,
If I get it I will owe you a beer (already do) and a Pizza from Italian Jim's on your next visit to Okieland.

HollyEQQ said...

Gnat - may be too late - but I am going with 91 marbles.

I want the shell dangit!! I will bribe if necessary!
Holly

vivage said...

239 and I came from here: http://www.bitsofbeads.blogspot.com/