Monday, March 26, 2007

Return to the living...

Ok so the stomach thing was really bad, but I think I have finally made it over the hump. I am still nursing it a bit, but I will be working in the shop 2 times this week. We have a "Cold Beer, Hot Glass" thing this Friday and I will be helping make the bulk of the drinking glasses that are given away. I believe that we will also be auctioning off some stuff as well, not sure what exactly but something other than drinking glasses.

Also going to give you my "Glass Artist of the Month" link:

I am going to start off with the big guy, the one with the patch. Some glass artist hate him, some want to be him, some want to copy him. No matter what you have to say about the guy he has raised the water level around everyone and does some pretty amazing things no matter how they get done. So if you guys want to see some really amazing stuff follow the link, I give you:


I would love to be able to pretty much be able to make anything he has cranked out at the boathouse. You will notice a lot of inspiration from a lot of natural plants, animals, and sealife. His nested work, like the one above, is currently being copied by a lot of people but in all honestly it is nothing new. He just did it better, with more flare, and a lot of skill. He also made it pretty damn amazing.


Scott.
.

2 comments:

The Phosgene Kid said...

Looks very delicate and I do love the organic appearance.

Plum's Penny Dreadful said...

Ah! Artist of the week. I love it. This is so gonna be glassbloggers hub in no time!!!Honestly---keep this all up. It is so great to come home (from a FULL DAY of production---I made it!! No disasters!!) and see this blog cranking out the good vibes bout glass.