Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Ok well I found a way around it! INCOMING SCUDS!

Ok here we go again. I have to post the pictures to my personal website that I use for e-mail then just hot link them here. No worries that will work.
So below is one of the first pumpkins I ever made. I will be having one big giant pumpkin party this year and I plan to make about 125 pumpkins of all colors and sizes from my own shop. This one was from about 3 years ago.

This was a vase I made to test out a new color mix. A friend purchased it and I have had about 5 people ask for ones in the same frit mix. I need to order more of these colors, you will see a bowl that has this group of colors below.
My boss has this pumpkin. She snagged it as I was walking into work with about 15 of them. It was and still is a pumpkin that I make. The stem is gold, and the body is dark purple and yellow/gold. It really looks better of the light stand than on it.
Pensacola Beach sand in this paperweight. I was testing out a new design.
Just the white ribbon bowl from early posts. You can see the purple in the inside and that just really sets it off.
Fun free form paperweight. I think I sold it for 40 bucks 2 booth shows back.
Loved these bowls. One was on display at a local resturant and was stolen. I guess that is a complement. The other, blue one, is missing in action. I know I sold it just can't remember to who.

Anouther Hurricane Ivan paperweight. These where made with sand that blew up 11 stories into my parents condo on the beach. I took them and put the sand in paperweights with different colors. They really turned out pretty cool.
Coral paperweight. CorkChop has this one.
Blast from the past right here. I found this looking for old pictures. That is me about 10 years ago surfing on Pensacola Beach. Man...talk about old school look at that old Hanson Cardiff long board on those "no fear" shorts. I though I was pretty smooth back then, what a riot.

Ok that is it for today.

Scott.

.

7 comments:

Not Ashley said...

Love your work...I collect glass paperweights, and yours are just beautiful.

flutter said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to learn how to do this...you are fabulous

Jewels said...

Gnat, your work is WONDERFUL!!! The pumpkin looks great on the lightstand, I'd probably use it the same way. Oh, and that purple/white ribbon bowl is absolutely DIVINE!

I'd love to learn the artwork of glassblowing. Might have to start with lampworking though.. You know, beads... ;)

Great work! I'll definitely be back to see more of your work

The Phosgene Kid said...

Fantastic!! The pumpkins were great and the blue vase remind me of Carnival Glass - that beautiful blue!!

I don't know which is better the glass or the pictures!!

Gnat of Glass said...

not ashley:

Eww a collector. Take some pictures of stuff and post them. Please let me know when you do so I can check them out. I kind of pull Ideas from everywhere. See I pretty much reproduce what ever I think is really cool to figure out the way they made it. Then I try to find a way to use that in a different way. Thanks for the complement!

Flutter:

I think you should give it a try. Just do a google search for "blown Glass + City" I am willing to bet there is someone close to you that gives lessons. It is worth it just to be able to play with it.

Jewels:

Yea the lampworking would go hand in hand with your bead work. Plus that is something that is pretty easy to set up at the house. Might want to look into how they do it in Japan over a forced air propane torch. IE> no oxy, so you one have to worry about one tank. The glass melts at a much lower temp so you don't need such at hot flame. I think you would have to break my wifes thumbs to get that purple bowl out of the house.

Phos:

Thanks, these are mostly our old camera the new one takes some kind of nice pics. I can't wait to get more of those up.

Plum's Penny Dreadful said...

I love the Pumpkins. I have a pumpkin carving party every year, and now, maybe they'll have to be of glass!!!

CorkChop said...

The one you mentioned as stolen was actually bought by dear ol' ma at your first "Bizzare" show. Yes, that is how it was advertised; bizzare, not bizarre. How odd.