Monday, March 19, 2007

Made the newspaper.

Check this out. This was in the Pensacola News Journal. Step one to my road to being famous, steps #2 and #3 will take much more work. Doing a demo on Gallery Night making a purple and blue flutted bowl. Purple...Blue...Flutted...I was appealing to the masses. They actually gasped when it was spun out. Ended up being about 15 1/2 inchecd across at the top.

I have a burn on my wrist, it was 4 gathers and had about a bubble inside the size of a grapefruit at this point. I think we heated it about 3 more times and got it to the size of a basketball, transfered it, then open up with jacks. Wish I had some sofietteas(speeling) like big wood jacks, but I worked with what I had. That is Kim putting the air pressure on it and anouther friend Rick blocking my arm. We must of had about 300 to 400 people file in and out Friday night. I have the piece in the truck so I will add the finished product picture to it tonight.

Bonus: I made the paperweight and the marbles for the contest Friday night as well. As requested it is 2 different shades of blue. Just going to have to figure out how to get your addresses without coming off like a stalker.

Scott.
.

11 comments:

Jewels said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gnat of Glass said...

Sweet one down 2 to go.

I guess I should just go ahead and put my e-mail address up on the blog seeing how I am not trying to stay anonymous anymore.


Scott.
.

Plum's Penny Dreadful said...

Oh my GOD that sounds like fun. I can't wait to do that stuff. We had a Roll up Order at the studio this week---crazee stuff---all fused Bulls Eye plates picked up on a collar and made into tumblers. SO AWESOME!!! Keep showing working photos man!!!

Plum's Penny Dreadful said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jewels said...

Um, might I second that request? LoL! ;)

The Phosgene Kid said...

Glass blowing is so fascinating,no wonder you had a crowd, how cool!! That isn't something you see every day and the finished products are so beautiful.

I like watching blacksmiths put on demonstrations, it is the same kind of fascination, though the end product hardly rivals one of your bowls.

Soudns as though you had a lot fo fun!!

Damsel Underdressed said...

What are steps 2 and 3?

Damsel Underdressed said...

Oh! And congratulations for making the newspaper! :)

Gnat of Glass said...

As requested the e-mails have been removed.


Steps 2 and 3 are hard because I have no idea what the hell they are....!


Scott.
.

Dan said...

Very cool indeed! Congratulations.

Sloth said...

STEP #2 ---get the shop up and running and put on a show!

Step #3 watch little brother blow by!!! haha

As Gnat would always tell me

"GO BIG OR GO HOME"